Nine Eco-Friendly Things to be Thankful for in Dahab
* Small, locally-owned supermarkets that are able to indulge our plastic-free requests without having to check with a store manager or policy about customers using their own containers.
* We can easily purchase many dry goods (rice, beans, etc.) in bulk from several different supermarkets.
* Eggs are delivered to Dahab in plastic-free trays.
* A variety of fruits and vegetables are available without plastic wrapping or polystyrene trays.
* Inexpensive cotton bags can be purchased from a local tailor.
* Some organic fruit juices are available in glass bottles or we can stop by a local juice shop for a glass of freshly-squeezed juice.
* Individuals and organizations participate in clean-up events.
* Local friends and neighbors who model how to live a simple life.
* Restaurants and cafeterias do not mind if we bring our own reusable bottle of water with us.
Refuse ~ Reduce ~ Reuse ~ Recycle